- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lavender, minced or ground with mortar and pestle
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- With an electric mixer (handheld or stand) beat butter for fifteen seconds then gradually add powdered sugar, and granulated sugar
- In separate bowl, combine flour, salt, lemon zest, lavender, mint.
- Mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture using handheld mixer or wooden spoon as needed
- Place plastic wrap on work surface. Lightly dust with flour. Place dough in the center of plastic and wrap dough ball. Flatten wrapped dough until it is a thickness of approx 1". Refrigerate dough until about firm (about 2 hours)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut into flowers and assorted whimsical shapes with cookie cutters
- Place dough shapes on ungreased, parchment-covered cookie sheet, about 2" apart
- Bake for 12 minutes, just until edges of bakies begin to brown.
- Cool briefly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to finish cooling
Prep time: 20-30 minutes
Enough drooling, let's get you into your element. Click here to see where you fit in best. Oh, and don't forget to take your arsenal of images with you. You'll need those.